How to make strawberry and coconut modak?
STRAWBERRY & COCONUT MODAK
Recipe courtesy – Chef Rupesh Khandekar, Sous Chef, Earthplate, Sahara Star
Serves – 4
Frozen Strawberry: 200GM
- Cook sugar & strawberry and cinnamon stick till sugar is dissolved and the mix has thickened
FRESH GRATED COCONUT: 150GM
ELAICHI POWDER: JUST A PINCH
KHUS KHUS : 1 TEASPOON
SALT: JUST A PINCH
- Lightly roast the khus khus
- Add the coconut & keep cooking on a very low flame
- After a minute, add the jaggery
- Allow the jaggery to melt & then cook till the mix forms into one mass & is dry
- Sprinkle the elaichi powder & salt. Mix evenly
BASMATI RICE FLOUR/RICE FLOUR 250GM
RED COLOUR – A FEW DROPS
OIL/Ghee – 2 tbsp
- Boil water and add slowly to rice flour
- Mix roughly with a wooden spoon
- Cover & keep aside till the dough cools down to a stage when you can comfortably handle it
- Add the color & knead to form a soft pliable dough
- Keep covered.
- Apply a few drops of oil to the modak mold
- Make a small ball of the dough & press against the insides of the mold to completely cover it
- Stuff the strawberry filling and the coconut filling and press in the modak mold.
- Make another small ball, flatten with hands, cover the base of the modak & seal.
- Steam cook for about 10 minutes
- Serve hot
- For latest news on Mumbai, click HERE
For more Product reviews, click HERE