TAGLINE – THE WORST LAUNCH OF 2019
As a diligent food reviewer, I have always showcased the positives of a new start-up knowing the huge investments involved. However, my recent visit to the launch of LILT (Todi Mills) on 13.12.2018 has been the worst experience for me.
The first ‘step’ to the Bar Room is unfinished and covered / camouflaged with a red carpet. On my way out to meet some friends, I have fallen down and almost missed (rather saved myself from) banging into a 4WD in the narrow lane. It’s shocking that the Management have deliberately ignored the ‘unfinished step’ despite knowing that there is a launch. They have invested a chunk for the launch but ignored the ‘first step’. Not only have I bruised myself but also have been a ‘state of shock due to a potential accident’.
The basic what I sampled:
- The menu was surely another disaster. The prawn toastie drizzled with oil.
- The other prawn starter was under-cooked and flavourless.
- The LIIT I was served was deplorable that I had to return it to the bartender. If the bartender can’t do a LIIT right, the management needs to rework on the staffing.
- The ‘blue’ cocktail I was offered was more like a mocktail and obviously not on par with the competition.
- I had requested the server twice to get some veg food for our friends which never came.
- Service and quality shouldn’t falter no matter how busy the outlet is.
When Business Barons falter / ignore on such basic things of an ‘unfinished FIRST step’ and client safety seems to have taken a back-seat – LILT surely needs to tie their shoe-laces.